Purpose of Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame

The place to read about the ways in which women are empowered and degraded in our media and society.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hall of Fame - National Pretty Brown Girl Day

Today is the first National Pretty Brown Girl Day.  The organization Pretty Brown Girl wants brown women and girls around the world to feel empowered and increase their self-esteem.  It is a great cause and I want to bring attention to it.  One day I may have a pretty brown girl and I hope that when that happens some things will have changed and she will feel empowered and able to love her skin, hair, and everything else about here.

In previous posts I have discussed the societal views of women with dark skin.  One article on National Pretty Brown Girl day also featured a trailer for a documentary called Dark Girls.  I think it is important to show it here:


No comments:

Post a Comment